Saturday, April 3, 2010

Changing directions


There are time where you shoudl just stop, take a breath, and decide if you are going in the right direction.
This happened to me afew years ago. I was working as office manager for a developer. The job was ok, the pay was good, but I found myself draging my feet to go to work. One day I realized I wasn't happy working in an office. I was feeling tired, and with a headache all the time.
So I decided to leave everything behind and start over.
I spend all my life taking art related courses and workshops, since I was almost 8, but when it came the time for me to pick a career I chose Business administration (amongst other failed careers), because they were good money making careers... and left the art for myself, hidden in my house.
After I left my job, and didn't know what was I going to do for a living, I tried many other things, thinking that maybe the problem was the office, until it hit me.
I did know about the law of attraction, but didn't really give it a lot of thought, until one day my daughter invited her friend over to play, when she and her mom arrived, the mom pointed out a sculpture to the little girl, so we started talking about art, and I did something I never thought I would do, I told her that I was a painter, and she told me she would like to see my work, because she was an art dealer and had a gallery.
Well, need I say more? I'm happier than I ever was. I do what I like now.
And this taught me to tell my children they should choose to do whatever they like in life, I used to do that before, but now I really mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment